Thursday, July 7, 2011

Service Project at School

More from college student retreat to Phetchaburi...
We greeted the students when we got to their school that afternoon. The student leadership were delegated out the responsibilities of the day and did a great job.
Helping clean up the school was one part of our job. We cut bushes, painted fences and playgrounds. The paint seemed very watered-down, but it worked.
Then we led a whole field day. This game involves both teams fastening clothespins to their backs and then trying to steal the other team's clothespins before they stole yours. Very fun.
We slept over at the school. I got to see a day start in a Thai school the next morning. Greeting kids as they came in, I saw kids coming to school by walking, bike, and vans. I also was admiring our surroundings, so green compared to Bangkok!
The "morning announcements" are done outside on a microphone while all the kids stand in lines by gender and grade level. They asked me to help them with the "English word for the day."
Definitely a good time to spend with the college students. Here's me and T. My big smile is due to the fact I just got to play soccer with a bunch of students! I astounded them with my mad skills.

No comments: