Saturday, August 14, 2010

Visit to Seattle and Mt. Rainier: Missionary on Vacation

While on vacation, and after my duties as bridesmaid for my friend's wedding were completed, I stopped through Seattle for a few days. I had always wanted to see the great city. Favorite things--the underground history tour, the hike to Mt. Rainier, and the crazy weather where I hardly ever saw the sun!

The first Starbucks is found there at Pike Market.


The famous gum wall, where people kept sticking their gum. Finally, the gov't stopped removing it and let it be a famous landmark.


Amy, my friend from Asheville, met me for the vacation in Seattle.

Disclaimer: Ok, so my preconceived ideas of Seattle included people throwing fish on the dock and seeing the beautiful waterside market. Yet when I got there the market and fish looked just like the market and fish in Thailand. Not worth pictures since it wasn't a first time for me, yet great to be in again. So, sorry, no throwing fish pictures.

Mt. Rainier is like the largest volcano mountain in the US or something like that. Sadly, due to the rain and fog, I didn't see the peak. But, the glaciers, trees, and wildflowers were awesome.


I have to say that though I travel a lot, my photography skills are limited. So, here's my attempt to take a picture of the wildflowers, the Magenta Paintbrush.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think your photography skills are perfect! Thinking of you as I know you are counting down the moments till your return! Your in our prayers! ~Heather

Unknown said...

Hey girl - one of my best friends and her family live in Seattle! I have a pic of her in front of that same wall!