God: makes enemies scared
People: walk into the new land
God: stops the Jordan River from flowing
People: walk through the dry riverbed
God: makes the Jericho walls fall down
People: walk around the city
So the theme of the story, just keep walking. Their fathers and grandfathers never got to walk though because they spent too much time scared and complaining. So, walking does take faith. As another book of the Bible says, "Just as you came to believe in Jesus, walk in him, being strengthened in the faith you were taught and with thankfulness."(Colossians 2:6-7) I remind myself as I get ready for my service in Thailand to just keep walking.
*Leah, thank you for reminding me that Dori is the fish and Dora is the explorer. :)
2 comments:
Love it. :) But it is Dora the explorer and Dori the fish. :)
I needed to hear that tonight. Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment