The song goes, "Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you." Cute song, but sadly not true cross-culturally. I'm working on a list of wierd quirky things that Thai people just do better.
-Peel a Watermelon: Flipping half a watermelon upside down, they peel off the outside and then cut it. It looks beautiful.
-Use Saran Wrap: Without getting it all stuck to itself, they can seal a bowl of curry with Sarah Wrap so nothing, I mean it, nothing will spill out.
-Cut Peppers: While cutting large amounts of chili pepper, they never touch their face or eyeball causing serious swelling and stinging!
Feel free to add your own....
4 comments:
Make Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always marveled at how they package things. You know in the US, cashiers just stuff things in bags whether they fit or not and leave you to figure it out. Thais can make packages out of anything so that it is easier to carry.
Make food look gorgeous.
Go with the flow.
Hospitality.
Wrap presents - they carefully measure then use an exacto knife to cut the precise size they need - no waste - and they look perfect.
Have something wrapped at Central and experience it yourself.
also - Thai kids are the best at craft projects - they sit still and work hard to create the best possible results - no scribble scrabble.
usaers are better at 1. eating large quantities of processed foods 2. watching huge quanities of tv 3. driving everywhere so we never have to use our legs (we can drive through at the bank and pharmacies even)
Post a Comment