Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Mission Trip within a Mission Trip

Thanks so much for your prayers for our trip North. No sickness, except a little car sickness from all the twisty, dusty, steep roads going up and down. I even learned some words in the Karen language. I am "keechee queenie" which means I am 29 years old! They couldn't believe it. Only injury was a good scrape up from falling down a small hill in the dark. I would have kept rolling if Dave's leg didn't stop me. This morning I woke up feeling like I was home from a mission trip, but I'm still here in Thailand. I'm just in a hotel in Chiang Mai for the night before heading on to Bangkok. A warm shower, a soft bed, and 3 English TV channels makes me feel like I'm in luxury. I hope to share pictures in just a bit.

God has so many believers in the North of Thailand. I haven't been to churches that size since leaving America. So many fellow believers to meet and encourage. At least 70 kids to teach, with a hilarious skit of David and Goliath told by myself. Praise God for how he brings full villages to Christ here in our lifetime!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!! Sounds like it was an AWESOME trip!