Friday, March 27, 2009

The Karen HillTribe Trip


Boonchu is a Karen pastor that travels around churches all over the North of Thailand and border with Burma to encourage and support the pastors of small village churches. At one time, many missionaries shared the Gospel with this Karen Hilltribe group, yet since then, these churches have been left to learn on their own with a Bible in their own language. With Boonchu's partnering with Mission to the World, we can go up often and provide training for the pastors, teachers, and families in this mountainous area.

With a different dress, a different language, and a different culture, this people group still lives in the North of Thailand. I helped teach children, share my testimony, and encourage the people. More than that, I felt how they encouraged me. Whole villages have come to know Christ in our lifetimes! And they are evangelizing their own people in other villages now. What encouragement to see God working so quickly there. He works much slower in Bangkok, yet I was encouraged to continue sharing his good news to see complete communities here one day come to know Christ here too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Cool work to see what God is doing there! The children and the countryside look beautiful!

Becky said...

thanks for posting the slideshow and story. i loved to hear about it. How did you all communicate?? I have so many questions...