Tonight, while teaching English, Ming received a phone call from her brother-in-law. The class was interrupted for the news, "The moon is smiling!" What? We had to stop class and run outside to search for the moon between our tall buildings. Finally seeing it between some power lines at the end of our street, there it was. The moon was in the shape of a smiling mouth with two bright stars as the eyes.
Amidst the tough instabilities in Thailand, I felt like Noah and his family after the flood when they saw the rainbow. God promised them not to have another flood like that one on the earth. And God reminded me tonight of his promise that He is working in this earth through that smiling moon. Amen.
3 comments:
Hey, Melanie...the moon smiled that very same smile at our house tonight. When I saw it, my heart was so full...I had read your blog earlier in the day and then saw the same smiling moon. Our God is indeed a very BIG God. And then, of course, I mentioned it to John--who proceeded to tell me the ins and outs of Jupiter and Venus and yadda yadda yadda. I prefer to just think of it in terms of a very BIG GOD. :>
Hi Melanie,
We (Harold F. and myself) in prayer this morning and remembered you, which reminded me to drop you a note. Not much to say but wanted to let you know we have been thinking of you and praying faithful especially since the unrest there. Me, the kids and Kim say hello.
Scott P.
Hey Melanie! It's Jen Smith from InterVarsity UNCA,well post-Unca. I'm at Duke getting a Masters in Theological Studies. CraZy I know! Just thought I should let you know that I quoted your post on the Psalms for an essay on the pastoral uses of Psalms. Thank you for such an inciteful and earnest view on how Scripture pulls us out of the deep and allows us to intercede across physical and spiritual boundaries when we don't feel in control. And yes, we're praying for you and Thailand!!! May the peace of God be with you my friend!!
Jen
Post a Comment