You can buy a bouquet of orchids for only 30 cents! Most of the strings of flowers you see however, are bought to string on cars, buses, house spirit houses or temple idol statues. That is why they are in such abundance here.
The fruit is also amazing here. Living in the tropics brings a lot of heat and bugs, but also a lot of delicious and crazy looking fruit! Some of my favorites are the pink one in the middle called Dragonfruit. It is dalmation spotted on the inside. The big fruit on the far left is like huge grapefruit/orange combo called Som-o. Welcome to the market!
7 comments:
Me, eating sliced dragonfruit, thinking: "hmm, the incredible fuschia peel is soft. I'll it eat too."
Karen, to local friend: "So can you eat the pink peel?"
Hannah, aghast: "Oh, no, we never eat the peel."
Katie, pondering remote locale with unknown medical facilities: "Uh-oh."
I'm happy to report that the peel is edible. Enjoy some dragonfruit for me. :)
Think you could send me some of those orchids for my wedding flowers. you sure can't get them that cheap here! haha.
does the dragonfruit taste like twislers?
Ah, the talaat! I can smell it, feel the heat, and see the cats even now:) Buy some multicolored roses and enjoy!
I miss pomello and rambutan!! Yu, Keiow, Pat and Dave leave today. Hope you are well!
Graham
BEEEAAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I remember those beautiful flowers...I wish we could get them here! We miss the dragonfruit too..have some for us!
Post a Comment