Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gung's First Wedding Shower

One of my English students is getting married and moving to America next month. So, after our test this week, we threw her a wedding shower! I wanted to share this American custom with them. They kept asking why we call it a shower?
Rachel and my English classes came together for the party!

These willing volunteers had others fashion tissue wedding dresses on them. Gung, in the middle, loved getting to be the judge of the game.

Look at the food for our party. Lots of watermelon, papaya salad, fried pork, pizza, cake, and sticky rice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...how sweet! I had so much fun at my shower.
Good question why do we call it a shower?

trmills said...

So fun! Looks like a good party; I always love the spread at Thai showers:). Miriam, I think we call it a shower because you shower the folks with gifts...

Anonymous said...

A shower: because the bride gets "showered" with gifts.
I'm sure this doesn't translate in Thai, but I bet it would be fun to try to explain!

The Sooz said...

I think I would enjoy making one of those wedding dresses.