A new tidbit I learned-- All teenage girls have to wear their hair cut short, like my blog right below this one. I thought that they just were being teenagers, wanting to everything alike and follow fashion. Nope, its a requirement! Wow. And at least some of the elementary schools require their girls to wear long pigtail braids. Crazy huh? And all students, Kindergarten to college, wear uniforms.
1 comment:
Hey Melanie,
I noticed that too when I lived in BKK. Someone told me that part of the reason for it is to distinguish the girls as highschoolers - as in back off older guys these ladies are underage!! It is sooo hard to tell how old (or young) many Thai women are. The hair cuts are supposed to help with that. I have no idea if this is true or not - but that is what I heard!
Post a Comment