Saturday, August 2, 2008

More Short-Term Team Fun!

Man, I miss them. They left early this morning! Americans that made me remember that I'm normal to do things that I do here, that Thais don't. Like eat a bowl of cornflakes! :) Praise God for all the ministries through both word and deed accomplished during their time here. Here's a few more pictures for your enjoyment!
The community center is complete! It has a front concrete slab. The short-term team rocked! The first big event held there will be a wedding. And I was invited while laying out concrete!
Learning how to make concrete was awesome! Shoveling cleanses the soul!
Wow! We are the proud completers of a slab of concrete--the guys from Christ Community church, me, and a lot of other people!

CPR training was provided two days last week. Cool dummies, huh?
With medical care being less available to all, this service was equipped citizens with their own ability to help people!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah for English speaking people who made you feel normal for a short time! That's something to be happy about. Plus, I noticed that you had on a UNCA shirt! That's happy too! Love you!

Unknown said...

you are one hard workin lady.
so glad you could eat cornflakes guiltfree. what's girl to do without them?

Unknown said...

Great cement slab! I love it! Sounds like we will be doing something similar to a community center near us :-) Glad you enjoyed your cornflakes!

360 Solutions Online said...

Melanie,

It was awesome being there with you guys last week. We are still recovering back home here in Georgia.

We are all back safely from Thailand!

We did not get back in until almost 11 pm Saturday night – we were diverted to Chattanooga, TN for 2 hours due to a bad storm at Atlanta.
We landed in Chattanooga, took on more fuel, waited, then got to come back down to Atlanta.
We finally got in the bed about 2 a.m. Sunday morning after traveling from about 3 pm Georgia time on Friday!
That’s 24+11= 35 hours of traveling through 3 airports on 3 different planes and 4 takeoffs/4 landings.

I am sure we will miss you guys this week.

Just know we are all thinking of you there and the great work you are doing.

Phil