Monday, August 4, 2008

15 Minutes of Fame

The first people to use our new concrete slab in front of the Mahathai community center (besides the roosters and dogs who now have prints there) was a TV crew! Yep, we showed up to have our regular Joy Kids activity on Saturday and found it full! A foundation sponsored by the Princess of Thailand has chosen to do a Mother's Day event there for the children (Mother's Day in Thailand is soon). Pretty exciting to sit around and be there for that.

When I was about ready to leave, the TV crew wants to interview Kieow and I! Yep, man I got so nervous, I lost all my Thai language abilties. Kieow had to help translate for me and I spoke to the camera in English. I was questioned about what we do in Mahathai, what I've learned, and why it is good to give when I receive nothing for it. I prayed a lot that God would be glorified and that I'd find ways to mention Him in my time, which I did. I don't know what channel or when it'll be shown, so I'm figuring I won't see myself on TV. But I'll be on it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel,
That is awesome! I am so happy it got some coverage wherever/whenever it might be shown. May God be glorified!

amy said...

That is so great!!

Kim said...

That is awesome. I wonder how they heard about it? Anyway...how cool that you got to be on TV and that the team and ultimately God got coverage!