Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lots of Fans

This Friday, I'm throwing myself a party! I will have lived in Thailand for one year! Our house is small, and the number of guests is large. That will make it hot in there! So, I told my English students how we'd need lots of fans. Well, "fan" in the Thai language means "girlfriend/boyfriend." So, they blushed thinking how I was going to have lots of boyfriends there. :) Lost in translation once again...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah for your anniversary! The party sounds like fun. I hope you have a good time with all of your "new boyfriends". That's pretty hilarious!

amy said...

Happy one year in Thailand! Enjoy all your "fans." :>

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Melan-eee!!!! It is no worse than when I tried to say some German to a guy that lived in Peru (are you trying to wrap your brain around that one?) and I told him that my wife spoke fluent German! Very embarrassing and I am sure he wondered what kind of mission trip we were on...

Unknown said...

Happy one year. Can't believe it's been that long.
Ooooo, Fans, funny.

Emily Bradford Routon said...

Genius idea about the 1 year anniversary celebration! Though too many fans will get you in trouble, one at a time is plenty!

mikepettengill said...

you dirty little...nuh uh..a year...no way...amen...we love you and your service to our Lord so much.

God bless you, your home, your ministry and your FANS!

Unknown said...

Wish we could be at your party but please know our family are big fans of yours in the right spiritual sense :)