As I have been learning about support raising, budgets, and communications this week...the speaker mentioned one missionary who wrote a "Weather Report" to their supporters each week(?) telling them their highs and lows of ministry that week. Here goes mine on this evaluation week this week.
Highs:
-Tonight's group fun night at Jillian's: I became completely addicted to this dance arcade game, where you step to the moves of songs. So fun! It made up for my dance deprivation in Thailand.
-Talking with Tom Stewart, the head of MTW Streetchild ministry: He listened well and gave me feedback about my part in the mercy ministry/ slum community work in Thailand.
-New Friends: I love meeting fellow future missionaries at these meetings. What a joy it has been to hear about God's work in India, Cambodia, Ukraine, and Africa.
Lows:
-Losing a racing arcade game: I used to love the racing games the best at arcades. But I couldn't even go straight and the three guys I was playing with were cracking up laughing at me. I was blaming it on the two years I haven't driven in Thailand. Then, I found out my game was broken, it wasn't me! Woohoo!
-Anemic: I was found to be iron anemic when I got back from Thailand. It causes me to feel so drained! I'm taking my supplements three times a day, but pray for me to recover quickly!
-Calling Guidance: I still feel a strong call to mercy ministry to the slum community, Mahathai. I have talked to lots of people at the office and gotten lots to think about as I want more training, resources, and strategic support.
-Interview is tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment