Yesterday, we walked around the loop of Mahathai to gather children for kids' club. I passed by two older ladies who smiled sweetly and we started chatting. She mentioned her husband who's not feeing well and tears just started welling up in her eyes. I asked if I could visit him and she told me when he'd be there and where they live.
So yesterday afternoon, I brought Kieow back with me and we visited the couple. He seemed to have gotten in a motorcycle accident three years ago, but thought nothing of it until a while later his legs became numb. Kieow said many of the problems that have arisen are because they don't have the knowledge about medical care and government policies that they need not to be swindled or not cared for well. I was so thankful Kieow was there to talk to them having used to work as a nurse. They lived in a one room home built with wood and tin, not completely closed in. They've only been in Mahathai a couple months.
At the end of our first visit, we offered to pray with them. Kieow thought aloud, "Well, if I'm going to pray, we'll have to explain what it is first." Wow, we got to help this couple pray to God for the first time! Kieow explained to them how we believe we can pray to God anywhere, anytime, and he will listen. Unlike their Buddhist beliefs that they must go to the temple. The woman's tears were pouring down her face after the prayer. I'm so thankful God brought me to meet her yesterday and help her. I felt like I had 20 billion times more than they had. And I don't deserve what I have either. But God has blessed me richly. I pray God would bless them richly as they learn about him! The kingdom of God is coming to Mahathai, praise God!
1 comment:
That rocks!
Post a Comment