Four days left. I dreamed of this day. I wished for this day to come faster. I hoped that this day would actually come. Now that it has, I would like to put on the brakes a little bit. Four days left of my teaching career for right now. Four days left before my teaching commitment has been fulfilled. Four days left with my 22 smiley 5th graders that speak English (well, pretty well), that know me, that are MY class.
I put up my bulletin board Friday with the words "We knew we could do it" and cute graduate kiddies all over it. Now the board is jammed packed with pictures of my kids from this year, smiling, doing science experiments, on the playground, being my kids. It was sad. They are adorable. Some of them I've invested two years with, 360 days. They practiced their graduation song today, and I felt like I should sing it too. We're both moving on.
Instability starts in four days. I pray to remember the stable force in my life, God, as everything else changes.
2 comments:
I can understand how you feel with your kids. You wait all year for the year to end, then it's over. You fell like you have given them so much, loved them so much, then you have to move on. And you know you will probably never see them again as you and I both are leaving our schools (well, a little different circumstances...). It's crazy how we can love them even though they make us lose our minds at times. Love you girl! (This blog thing is fun!)
O Melanie you are so special to many people. I'm praying for you during this time of transition.
I remember the first time I heard you say you thought God was calling you to the mission field. Now look at you you have followed God's call and that is so neat to watch.
I have been so blessed by having you in my life.
I know your kids have too.
I'm getting geared up to check your blog often.
Post a Comment