Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm going to Thailand!

Welcome to my blog! I now have a blog and I now have a placement! I will be serving as a missionary in Bangkok, Thailand. In less than a year (Lord willing), I'm venturing to SouthEast Asia, land of 60 million people. "The Venice of the East" -- yet keep in mind, I still don't know how to swim. I better not fall out of any boat while shopping in the floating market. Aah, picture that. My groceries, me, and my boat guide and tipped over in the boat.

I'm really looking forward to serving the Lord on this church planting team, both in English classes and one of the 1500 slums in the capital city. The team values living near one another, ministering together, and worshiping together! The Lord has been so faithful.

Please pray as I begin support raising. Pray that I may remember the grace that God has given me. Oh the many postings that will find their way to this page. The journey has just begun! Hop on, but don't fall out!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Yahoo! nice blog. i'll look foward to keeping up with you when your're in Thailand

eliza said...

Yay! I can't believe you're going to Thailand!

Meredith said...

Good girl Melanie! I knew that you could do this blog thing. It's easy yeah?
I'll be praying for you and I can't wait to see how God works and how he provides for your every need.
Love ya girly

JZ said...

you know you're allowed to post more than once... :)

jz